Funmi Ilori, an educational psychologist/consultant and social entrepreneur, is the founder of iRead Network Africa, the first innovative and fully integrated ‘books on wheels’ for children in Nigeria, bridging literacy gaps, empowering teachers and enhancing education for the African child. iRead Mobile Library started operations in October 2013 with 3 children and barely three years later, iRead has grown her network to over 2200 subscribers.
With Urban and Regional Planning as a first degree, Post Graduate Diploma in Education and Master’s degree in Educational Pychology, Funmi is passionate about education and the environment and she represents this as a green ambassador for United Nations Carbon Credit Network, leading countless children to ‘go green’ by empowering them with practical knowledge of climate change, renewable energy and how they can save the planet.
Funmi is a 2015 Mandela Washington Fellow working to improve the quality of education with her dream of building the largest library in Africa; creating direct jobs in the education industry, making positive contribution to the shaping of educational practices in Africa while closing the gaps in youth literacy.
Funmi Ilori has received many prestigious awards and recognition since she commenced her innovative mobile library project and some of these include;
– 2013 Youth Enterprise for Innovation in Nigeria – FGN
– 2014 Hero of the Year Award – Channels T.V Book Club.
– 2015 Top 7% of Nigerian Executives in the Education Management Industry.
– 2015 President Obama’s Young African Leaders/ Mandela Washington Fellow.
– 2015 Business and Entrepreneurship Award – USADF
– 2015 Business and Entrepreneurship CEU Award, Clark Atlanta University, USA.
– 2016 Young Boss – Nigerian Television Authority